Chicnerdreads tagged me to do this so many thanks to her for that!
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
11bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer.
1. Which side character you wish you read more about or had their own story?
I really wish Noah Czerny from the Raven Cycle series had a side story about his past and upbringing. He’s one of my favourite characters from the Raven Boys and it makes me sad that he isn’t featured much in the story compared to the other characters. But I haven’t read The Raven King yet so we may learn more about his character in that book.
2. Heroes or anti-heroes? And Why?
I prefer anti-heroes over heroes because I find them more interesting. Sometimes heroes can appear a bit plain whereas you’re always unsure of what an anti-hero is going to do. This intrigues me and catches my attention more compared to ordinary heroes.
3. What’s your comfort genre?
I guess my comfort genre is urban fantasy. It’s a genre I’ve been reading most of my life and have always been fond of. I find urban fantasy easier to throw myself into than high fantasy and more entertaining than books with no magical element.
4. How do you feel about over-hyped books?
Sometimes I find over-hyped books annoying, as it grows boring seeing the same few books everywhere. I’m always unsure whether hyped books are great so deserve all the attention or are just mediocre. The only way to find out is by reading the book so if a over-hyped book sounds like something I’ll enjoy, I will pick it up.
5. Hardcover or paperback?
Generally, I prefer paperbacks. They’re cheaper and lighter, so are convenient to carry around and hold. I also find them easier to read. Plus, hardbacks seem too precious and I’m always scared of damaging them. But I will admit, hardbacks look better on a bookshelf.
6. How long have you been blogging for?
Not long, only for about a month. I’ve begun other blog sites before but never felt compelled to post more than once or twice. However, I’m liking this blog very much.
7. Quote a line from the book you’re reading?
“When everyone knows you’re a monster, you needn’t waste time doing every monstrous thing.” (Kaz Brekker, Six of Crows)
8 . How are you feeling today?
I’m doing okay. I’m a bit tired because I didn’t sleep very well last night, but that’s nothing new.
9. Do you read one book at a time or multiple at once?
I only read one at a time so I can focus fully on the world and characters. I become very distracted when trying to read more than one book at once because I forget what’s going on in each story.
10. What’s your occupation?
I don’t have an occupation. I’m currently still studying so I don’t really have the time for a proper job yet.
11. Where are you from?
I am from the UK.
- What genre do you want to read more of?
- What’s the worst book you’ve ever read?
- What’s your favourite childhood book?
- What movie adaptation did you think was better than the book (if any)?
- Do you prefer reading in the morning or in the evening?
- What’s your favourite quote from a book?
- Are a part of any book clubs?
- What’s your favourite blog post that you’ve posted?
- What are your favourite websites?
- What other hobbies do you enjoy doing, apart from reading?
- Do you have a goodreads reading challenge for this year, if so what is it?